Our Client is reimagining facility performance. They provide managed facility services and turnkey program management with technology-enabled solutions that target the entire building footprint – from roofs, walls, and pavement, to HVAC, lighting and power – as we guide our clients on their journey towards increased sustainability.
The Engineering Team works closely with stakeholders across the organization to deliver solutions to both internal and external customers. We have been a fully remote team for over 12 years. We adhere to a loose agile process using a kanban board and an automated CI/CD pipeline. We’re a small team, but we deliver big results. We care about writing quality code and taking the time to balance immediate business needs with long-term, technical costs.
- Ruby 2.6, Rails 5 (Upgrading to latest is high-priority and in-progress)
- React, Stimulus, vanilla JS
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- GCP, Kubernetes (GKE), Terraform, Docker
- Rspec, CircleCI
- Slack, Jira
- Work closely with Senior Staff engineers to design, develop, maintain, and deliver full stack products for both internal and external customers.
- Work in an agile environment with a team that deploys multiple times a day.
- Contribute to process improvements, best practices, tooling, and engineering strategy.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management to advance client’s vision.
- 4+ years of experience shipping high-quality, non-trivial Rails applications.
- Strong grasp of Computer Science concepts, such as object-oriented design, data structures, general understanding of algorithmic complexities, etc.
- Strong relational database skills such as schema design, query building and optimization.
- Desire to build reliable, maintainable software rather than haphazardly shipping features.
- Experience with continuous integration and writing meaningful, non-brittle tests.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical people.
- Be self-driven and comfortable working in a remote team environment.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment involving diverse stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, and Terraform (or similar technologies).
- Desire to mentor more junior engineers.