Our client is looking for a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in energy, technology, and a passion to deliver products for their growing company. The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for building out new feature and functions to support business process improvements and scalability. This individual must be self-driven to learn our technology stack and develop solutions meeting the business needs. This individual will be working closely with the rest of the development team in an agile environment. Actively reviewing requirements from the business, offering input on possible solutions, building solutions collaboratively and meeting team deliverables from sprint to sprint are key to being successful in this role.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager the role requires self-motivated, dedicated, and responsible individual with the ability to perform well under pressure.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Debugging, fixing, and enhancing existing software?
- Developing front-end user experiences with a focus on intuitive ease of use?
- Developing robust and scalable integrations between internal and external applications
- Developing and testing software solutions for the business
- Participate in application code reviews for correctness and quality as necessary
- Perform any necessary data validation and write/execute queries
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies including stand-up, refinement, and technical design sessions
- Ability to generate technical designs from a given set of business requirements
- Work alongside Product Designers to deliver front-end user experiences with a focus on attracting/retaining customers and intuitive ease of use
- Work alongside stakeholders and product owners to review and clarify business requirements
- Work alongside stakeholders and product owners to demo developed software
- Work alongside and mentor other developers by providing code reviews, pair programing sessions, and technical guidance
- Contribute to all technical aspects of development and integration (developing, configuring, unit testing, bug fixing, release management, etc.)
- Adhere to developing against SES defined code quality standards
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-7 years IT experience in a software development capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in working with one or more of the following software languages:
- SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience in working with one database technology or query language
- Experience in working with object-oriented and/or functional programing frameworks
- Experience using GIT with command line or equivalent tool
- Experience using Visual Code or other programming IDE
- Experience in developing and testing RESTful APIs
- Experience in writing and performing unit tests
- Experience in the development of UI/UX components
- Analytical mindset, demonstrate ability to problem solve and create practical solutions to overcome problems and mitigate risks
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives
- Ability to work within a hybrid remote and onsite working environment
- Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Comfortable working in a target-driven and fast-changing environment, and able to respond to changing business needs
- Experience in working and delivering in an agile environment such as SAFE or SCURM
- Proficiency use of Microsoft Office programs including Excel
- Learner mindset and eye for continuous improvement
- Comply with company policies and procedure
WiredHive is an Information Technology staffing and direct hire placement firm based in Dallas, TX. WiredHive supports clients across multiple industries including, but not limited to, Technology, Energy / Utilities, Financial Services, and Healthcare.
Equal Employment Opportunity
WiredHive, Inc. is committed to having a workplace free of illegal discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law