About Our Client:
Our client is a retail energy provider that offers smart energy solutions to customers across the commercial and industrial sectors.
The System Administrator will be responsible for overall administration, maintenance, security, and troubleshooting of Middle and Back Office applications. The role will play a crucial part in supporting our business operations.
Reporting into the Business Analysis Manager, the role requires a self-motivated, dedicated and responsible individual with the ability to perform well under pressure.
Your day to day:
- Monitor the performance and health of software systems, identifying and resolving issues promptly to minimize downtime and disruptions.
- Perform daily checks to ensure all scheduled jobs/services are running as expected.
- Implement and manage security measures to safeguard the organization’s data and infrastructure against potential threats and breaches with coordination between the product owners and engineering teams.
- Administer user accounts, permissions, and access controls to ensure data integrity and compliance with security policies.
- Communicate proactively on status, process standards, changes, gaps and workarounds clearly and succinctly to all stakeholders.
- Evaluate and recommend software upgrades, updates and patches to enhance system functionality and security.
- Provide technical support to end-users, assisting with software related inquiries and troubleshooting issues.
- Coordinate with software vendors and other IT teams as needed for issue resolution.
- Maintain documentation of software systems, configuration, and standard operating procedures.
- Support process improvement activities associated with process inefficiencies and/or new functions currently not performed in day-to-day operations.
- Establish SLAs on systems, monitor performance and address shortfalls through new projects or process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
How you will qualify:
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years system administration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related discipline.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software-related issues efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Proactive attitude towards continuous learning and professional development.
WiredHive is an Information Technology staffing and direct hire placement firm based in Dallas, TX. WiredHive supports clients across multiple industries including, but not limited to, Technology, Energy / Utilities, Financial Services, and Healthcare.
Equal Employment Opportunity
WiredHive, Inc. is committed to having a workplace free of illegal discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law